All American adults should be screened for depression as part of their normal health-care routine, an influential panel recommended on Tuesday. The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force also singled out maternal mental illness for the first time by suggesting that women be screened during pregnancy and after childbirth.
The new guidelines, updated for the first time since 2009 and published in the journal JAMA, are a recognition of the devastating toll mental illness is taking around the world. Researchers have noted Read More
- State Grants Seek to Strengthen Families Scarred by Substance Abuse, Incarceration
- Because Mental Illness Doesn’t Take A Snow Day
- Mental Health Provisions in Obama Administration’s Proposals on Gun Violence
- Friendship, support for those with mental illness, addictions
- Prisons as addiction treatment centers?