By Chris Aiken, M.D. | Feb. 06, 2017
“You seem like you’re walking on eggshells,” our family therapist told me with a wise nod. The image of cracked eggs under my bare feet was strangely comforting compared to what our family was really going through. We were living with mental illness, specifically bipolar disorder.
Psychiatrists don’t know enough about how to help families in this situation. I should know—I’m a psychiatrist myself. When mental illness hit my home, Read More
- Depression top cause of disability, strikes young and old
- How Some Places Are Easing the Often-Fatal Transition From a Psych Ward
- DAAP hosts opiate information event with Morrow County community leaders
- Save the Date: April 6th, Learn about STABLE Accounts-Savings Plans for People with Disabilities
- ADAMHS Board pushes crisis text line