December 11, 2020
By Tyler Buchanan, Ohio Capital Journal
The Highland County Press
Ohio Senators approved a bill Wednesday that would prohibit a convicted murderer from being sentenced to death if they suffered from a serious mental illness at the time of the killing.
The near-unanimous, bipartisan vote marks the next step in a years-long legislative effort to exempt those with certain mental illnesses from death row.
The Ohio Senate vote was 27-3.more » Read More
- Researchers deploy new framework for eliminating defects in health care value
- A Word to the Wise: Caregiver Take Care
- NAMI Receives Fourth Consecutive Four-Star Rating From Charity Navigator
- Self-care is a Priority, not a luxury. – Director Lori Criss
- Ohio rolls out service to match patients with beds in psychiatric facilities