Register for the Family to Family Class
The course is taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there and includes presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises. Class starts:
- Wednesdays, March 21, 2018 – June 6, 2018
- 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- NAMI Delaware & Morrow Counties, 560 Sunbury Rd., Suite 11, Delaware, OH 43015.
- To register call 740-815-1767, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You’ll Gain
NAMI Family-to-Family not only provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you’ll also find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
The group setting of NAMI Family-to-Family provides mutual support and shared positive impact—you can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. You can also help others through your own experience. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family
The Healthcare Foundation of Delaware County has provided a grant to NAMI Delaware & Morrow Counties in the amount of $2,000 to support the Family-to-Family educational program for family, significant others, and friends of people living with mental illness.