NAMI Basics Hybrid
NEW ONLINE FORMAT FOR NAMI PARENTING CLASS
NAMI Delaware & Morrow Counties is excited to offer a new hybrid program of NAMI Basics. The class is an education program for parents, caregivers and other family who provide full-time care for youth (ages 18 and younger) who are experiencing mental health symptoms. Our hybrid program will meet in person three times throughout the online course.
- The first week will be a 30-minute orientation to help you sign up and navigate the online class.
- The fourth week will give you the opportunity to come together with others to share your story.
- The seventh week will be a guest speaker from the Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children With Disabilities who will be speaking on IEPs and 504s.
The parenting class will cover the impact mental health conditions can have on your entire family, different types of mental health care professionals, available treatment options and therapies, an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and resources to help you navigate these systems, how to advocate for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings, how to prepare for and respond to crisis situations (self-harm, suicide attempts, etc.), and the importance of taking care of yourself.
Our first hybrid Basics orientation is on the evening of January 15, 2020. The first 20 people to sign up and attend orientation will receive a free family game.
People who will benefit:
- Parents of children with mental health symptoms
- Grandparents who are taking care of or raising their grandchild
- Primary caregivers of children with mental health symptoms
Register for the hybrid Basics course below.