FREE NAMI Peer-to-Peer Class Starts June 8th at NAMI Office
THIS CLASS IS FULL. Please email email@example.com or call 740-815-1767 to put your name on the waiting list for the Fall class.
NAMI Peer-to-Peer class starts June 8th for nine weeks at NAMI Office 560 Sunbury Rd., Delaware, OH 43015. Attend all 9 weeks and qualify for a free outing. Lunch is provided.
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, 9-session educational program for adults with mental illness who are looking to better understand their condition and journey toward recovery.
Taught by a trained team of people who’ve been there, the program includes presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises. Everything is confidential, and NAMI never recommends a specific medical therapy or treatment approach.
What You’ll Gain
This in-person group experience provides the opportunity for mutual support and positive impact. You can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you have the opportunity to help others grow. This is a confidential place to learn from shared experiences in an environment of sincere, uncritical acceptance. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope for all people living with mental illness.
NAMI Peer-to-Peer helps you:
- Create a personalized relapse prevention plan
- Learn how to interact with healthcare providers
- Develop confidence in making decisions and reducing stress
- Stay up-to-date on mental health research
- Understand the impact of symptoms on your life
- Access practical resources on how to maintain your journey toward recovery